In this episode, I chat all things Lumio with Carrie Shell and Kelly Miksch. Both Carrie and Kelly are Lumio power users and give us some insight on how their district is using it for authentic, impactful instruction with students. They give us some examples on how their teachers are using it with the littles as well as at the high school level. Oh and one more thing… We chow down on some Shake Shack burgers and fries while we have this discussion. Give this episode a listen and make sure you check out Lumio for yourself using the links below. Buen provecho!
Connect With Gabriel Carrillo
- EdTech Bites Website: https://edtechbites.com
- EdTech Bites Twitter: https://twitter.com/edtechbites
- EdTech Bites Instagram: https://instagram.com/edtechbites
- EdTech Bites Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/edtechbites
- EdTech Bites YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQCZcyW4BkCFQ5P2BLK61xg
About Carrie Shell
Carrie Shell is a passionate educator with a strong focus on student centered learning. She focuses on how to utilize technology to transform ways students can express their ideas and work. In her own education she pursues practices that focus on creating engaging environments using research-based strategies. She specializes in embracing relationships to grow with others and create success together.
About Kelly Miksch
Kelly Miksch is an experienced educator trained in diverse teaching strategies, academic methodologies, and student-centered classrooms. She is a passionate and innovative educator with over 25 years of combined experiences as an instructional coach & designer, community advocate and educator. As a lifelong learner, she embraces a wide variety of learning methodologies and modalities that promote growth and development. She specializes in building positive relationships to inspire those she works with and develop strong strategies to impact success and growth to achieve positive outcomes.
Lumio is an award-winning digital learning tool that will transform your lessons into active, collaborative learning experiences. Every day more schools and districts are switching to Lumio – it’s truly a flexible solution that works well with your lessons, platforms and content that you are already using today. Boost your students’ engagement on any device wherever learning needs to happen ….AND without hours of prep time.
You too can start using Lumio today – it’s FREE.
Connect With Lumio
- Lumio Website: https://lum.io
- Lumio On Twitter: https://twitter.com/Go_LumioPLN
- Lumio Hashtag On Twitter: https://twitter.com/search?q=%23GoLumio&src=typed_query&f=live
- Lumio On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/go_lumio/
- Lumio On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SMARTTechnologies/
Ep. 188 | Shapegrams With Tony Vincent: By The End, You Will Have Groan! – EdTech Bites Podcast
- Ep. 188 | Shapegrams With Tony Vincent: By The End, You Will Have Groan!
- Ep. 187 | Tips For Our Emergent Bilinguals, ESL, and Students With Dyslexia w/ Nicole Lipps
- Ep. 186 | When Best Friends Part Ways In EDU: Catching Up With Jenallee
- Ep. 185 | You Had Me At Fried!: friED Tech And Food Trivia With Courtney Watson and Amy Storer
- Ep. 184 | The AI Evolution In Education: Rachelle Dené Poth's Top 3 Picks for AI in Education