In this episode, I chat the educator side hustle with Fempower Beauty’s own Christina Basias and Alexis Androulakis. And of all days to record this on, it was recorded on International Women’s Day 2022! Both of these ladies are of Greek descent so what better meals to have than Greek food! This is a great conversation that will motivate any educator with a side hustle idea. Give this episode a listen and don’t forget to check out the Fempower Beauty product line below. Buen provecho!
Coverart photo taken by Lena Nicholson @lenanicholson
Connect With Gabriel Carrillo
- EdTech Bites Website: https://edtechbites.com
- EdTech Bites Twitter: https://twitter.com/edtechbites
- EdTech Bites Instagram: https://instagram.com/edtechbites
- EdTech Bites Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/edtechbites
- EdTech Bites YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQCZcyW4BkCFQ5P2BLK61xg
About Christina Basias
Christina is an entrepreneur who cares about the intersection of entrepreneurship, technology, and education. Her charge is to ensure that today’s young people are prepared for jobs of the future as technology continues to shift culture. She has extensive experience in high school, college, and adult curriculum design and development. She is now at the forefront of the New York City Department of Education’s tech scene as an implementation manager, supporting schools with creative uses of technology adoption. Her passions were aligned in 2019 when she co-founded Fempower Beauty™, a queer-owned and female operated beauty brand rooted in her values with what became award-winning beauty products.
Connect With Christina Basias
- Christina On Twitter: https://twitter.com/xtina_bas
- Christina On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/xtina_bas/
- Christina On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xtinabas
About Alexis Androulakis
Alexis spent almost eight years on a sales floor meeting thousands of humans who would spend every second that she touched their faces looking in the mirror picking apart their looks. Alexis vowed that she would revolutionize the make-over experience. No one should look in the mirror and itemize their flaws like a to-do list. Alexis vows change the way we all perceive beauty, and to shift culture beyond the narrow beauty standards that exist.
Connect With Alexis Androulakis
- Alexis On Twitter: https://twitter.com/alexisfempower
- Alexis On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alexis_androulakis/
- Alexis On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aandroul
Connect With Fempower Beauty
- Fempower Beauty Website: https://fempowerbeauty.com/
- Fempower Beauty On Twitter: https://twitter.com/fempowerbeauty
- Fempower Beauty On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fempowerbeauty/
- Fempower Beauty On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fempowerbeauty
Ep. 115: Are Honors, Advanced Placement, And Dual Credit Classes Worth It? – EdTech Bites Podcast
- Ep. 115: Are Honors, Advanced Placement, And Dual Credit Classes Worth It?
- Ep. 114: 5 Reasons Why You Need To Be Creating Newsletters!
- Ep. 113: Is The Document Camera Officially Dead?
- Ep. 112: 2022-2023 Beginning Of The Year Keynote And Carbonara!
- Ep. 111: Shelly, Parent Communication Tips For Teachers, And Fruit Tarts