In this episode, I chat with Kelli Coons and Ainsley Hill while at FETC. They share their story on how they met and built a powerful course, iCollaborate, all virtually! They then met in person for the first time to get this thing off of the ground at FETC. We also discuss how this session helps instructional coaches build and learn from their PLN. Us coaches often times work in silos and need that support group to grow and learn with. And what’s an episode without some food talk! Listen to hear what dish has been their favorite in New Orleans while attending the FETC conference. Buen Provecho!
About Kelli Coons
Kelli Coons is currently a District Elementary Digital Innovation Specialist for Spartanburg District Five in South Carolina. Previously she has served as an Elementary Literacy Coach, Curriculum Coach, and as a classroom teacher. Her participation in the Dynamic Learning Project, allowed her to work with Google for Education, Digital Promise, and Edtech Team. This fellowship focused on providing personalized professional development to all teachers in order to ensure effective technology integration. As one of the organizers of Edcamp Greenville since the origination in 2016, she is passionate about providing engaging professional development opportunities for educators. She has had the opportunity to present on effective technology integration and the Edcamp model at conferences in the Carolinas, FETC, as well as several ISTE conferences.
About Ainsley Hill
Ainsley Hill is an Instructional Technology Facilitator at Arlington Community Schools supporting Donelson Elementary School in Arlington, Tennessee. Ainsley provides training to teachers and students and coaches her faculty in technology integration. Ainsley aspires to inspire teachers to make learning more meaningful and creative by using technology as their avenue to enhance learning. When Ainsley isn’t serving as the technology facilitator and coach in her school, she is presenting in her district and at conferences across the U.S. about accessibility, the power of growing your PLN, and apps in the classroom.
Connect With Gabriel Carrillo
- EdTech Bites Website: https://edtechbites.com
- EdTech Bites Twitter: https://twitter.com/edtechbites
- EdTech Bites Instagram: https://instagram.com/edtechbites
- EdTech Bites Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/edtechbites
- EdTech Bites YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQCZcyW4BkCFQ5P2BLK61xg
Connect With Kelli Coons
- Kelli on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KelliCoons_
- Kelli on Instagram: https://instagram.com/kellicoons_/
- Kelli on Facebook: https://facebook.com/kellichad.coons
Connect With Ainsley Hill
- Ainsley on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mrshillteaches
- Ainsley on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mrshillteaches/
- Ainsley’s Website: https://www.flowcode.com/page/mrshillteaches