In today’s world, technology is everywhere, and classrooms are no exception. Many educators have embraced the idea of going paperless and using digital tools to enhance teaching and learning. But is this always the best approach? In this episode, Alice Keeler and I chat the idea that paperless is not a pedagogy, and that technology should be used thoughtfully and intentionally in the classroom.
Alice Keeler, is a well-known educator, author, and keynote speaker who has written extensively on the topic of integrating technology into the classroom. Alice argues that while digital tools can be useful, they should not be seen as a catch-all for all educational challenges. In particular, she highlights how teachers could dive deeper into the content without technology use. We discuss the importance of pedagogy and instructional design, and the need to carefully consider when and how to integrate technology into the curriculum.
Join us for a thought-provoking conversation about the role of technology in education, the importance of balancing innovation with a focus on pedagogy and student learning, and the Walking Food Tour at TCEA. She was a participant in that event and discusses her personal opinion on the food. Buen provecho!
Connect With Gabriel Carrillo
- EdTech Bites Website: https://edtechbites.com
- EdTech Bites Twitter: https://twitter.com/edtechbites
- EdTech Bites Instagram: https://instagram.com/edtechbites
- EdTech Bites Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/edtechbites
- EdTech Bites YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQCZcyW4BkCFQ5P2BLK61xg
About Alice Keeler
Alice Keeler is a math teacher, edtech expert, author, mom of 5, and the queen of spreadsheets. She is passionate about student centered classrooms. Paperless is not a pedagogy; use technology to improve relationships and learning.
Connect With Alice Keeler
- Alice’s Website: http://alicekeeler.com
- Alice on Twitter: https://twitter.com/alicekeeler
- Alice on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alicekeeler/
- Alice on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/keeleralice
- Alice’s Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AKteachertech/