We want to take this moment to thank our sponsor – Wakelet. Wakelet has been changing the game when it comes to student portfolios. The platform is helping students across the US showcase tangible evidence of their success in creative and personalized ways. Wakelet portfolios boost college readiness, and help students share their skills and achievements in ways that go beyond just test scores.
For teachers, Wakelet is a powerful tool for sharing learning resources, creating lesson plans, and boosting collaboration in your classes.
Help your learners redefine student success, and outshine their test scores with Wakelet Portfolios. Head to wakelet.com/portfolios to learn more, and sign up for a free account today.
In this episode, I chat with Tony Vincent about his educational journey. Tony and I have crossed paths years ago and here we are years later, full circle. He now focuses on Shapegrams. I know what you’re thinking… what the heck are Shapegrams? Well, tune into this episode to find out what they are and how YOU can utilize these in your classroom. This conversation was recorded at the TCCA conference in Aldine, Texas. This is the last of 9 episodes from the TCCA conference and what better way to end this series than with Tony Vincent. Buen provecho!
Connect With Gabriel Carrillo
- EdTech Bites Website: https://edtechbites.com
- EdTech Bites Twitter: https://twitter.com/edtechbites
- EdTech Bites Instagram: https://instagram.com/edtechbites
- EdTech Bites Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/edtechbites
- EdTech Bites YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQCZcyW4BkCFQ5P2BLK61xg
About Tony Vincent
Tony Vincent started teaching fifth grade in Omaha 26 years ago. Several years later he took on the role of his school’s technology coach. Eventually he left school teaching to be a self-employed consultant, sharing friendly ways for teachers to reach, empower, and inspire their students. Tony is a prolific sharer, approachable, and consistently selects practical tools and strategies that can be implemented right away. Tony went back to teaching for the 2018-2019 school year in Council Bluffs, where his fifth graders became Chromebook superusers and creative communicators. Tony posts lots of handy tech tips on social media, and he hosts a series of digital drawing challenges for kids called Shapegrams. Most importantly, Tony is the father of 10 year old twins.
Connect With Tony Vincent
- Tony’s Website: https://learninginhand.com/
- Tony on Twitter: https://twitter.com/tonyvincent
- Tony On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/learninginhand
- Tony On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/learninginhand/
- Tony On Threads: https://www.threads.net/@learninginhand