This episode is sponsored by Propello. Are you a teacher that’s tired of talking? Are you an admin that’s looking to infuse more energy into your classrooms? Look no further than Propello.
Propello’s teaching and learning platform is designed to help schools and districts shift away from old-school, “sit and get” teaching. Instead, Propello is designed to help every teacher embrace student-centered, hands-on, and inquiry-based instruction.
Propello combines standards-aligned curriculum, scaffolding like language translations and leveled reading, and embedded teacher guidance to ensure every student, in every classroom, gets a first-class learning experience.
Learn more and sign up for free at www.propello.com
In this episode, I chat with Ronda Blevins and Jennifer Mitchell. This is their first time at ISTE Live so we discuss what they packed, what sessions they are ready to hit, and their expectations. They are great guests and were eager to discuss what they plan to get out of this conference. I’m planning to catch up with them after ISTE is over to see what they actually got out of it. Peep this episode! To connect with Ronda and Jennifer, use the links below. Buen provecho!
Connect With Gabriel Carrillo
- EdTech Bites Website: https://edtechbites.com
- EdTech Bites Twitter: https://twitter.com/edtechbites
- EdTech Bites Instagram: https://instagram.com/edtechbites
- EdTech Bites Facebook Page: https://facebook.com/edtechbites
- EdTech Bites YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQCZcyW4BkCFQ5P2BLK61xg
About Ronda Blevins
Dr. Ronda Blevins is an assistant professor of education and director of the job-embedded practitioner program at Carson-Newman University in East TN. She’s ISTE Certified, a community leader, and part of the new Higher Ed Collective group. She is also co-host the Perfect Chaos Podcast (a podcast about all things education) with her husband. She got into the field of education through a different path, but is determined to make a difference in the lives of her students and their future students. She is also in the process of building/creating the EAGLE Technology Lab, a place where future and current teachers can test out a variety of technology tools and find new ways to integrate technology into their classrooms.
About Jennifer Mitchell
Jennifer is from Westchester, NY and lives in northern VT. She’s married with 2 kids (19 and 17). She has taught PreK-Grade 6 and after teaching 6th-grade for 10 years just finished year 2 of being the Education Technology Integrationist at her school.
Connect With Ronda Blevins
- Ronda On Twitter: https://twitter.com/DrRBlevins
- Perfect Chaos On Twitter: https://twitter.com/PerfectChaos7
- Ronda On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rondamb
- Perfect Chaos On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/APerfectChaos7
- Ronda’s Website: https://beautifulmindsinspireothers.blog/
- Perfect Chaos Website: https://www.perfect-chaos.org/